Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Don't buy American Standard toilets, part 2

I found out that, of course, American Standard has their own "specially" sized tank lever. It was my third trip to Home Depot, after discovering this fact online (which wasn't easy), that I found, in small print, a lever that says "for American Standard toilets". It actually fits and works. The plumber came out again and said if the water starts to leak from the shut off valve again, the pipe would have to be replaced. Yee-hah, something else to look forward too. Upon further research, I found a posting from a lawyers office from August 2007 concerning a class action law suit against American Standard for the same problems I was having. Go figure???? I filled out the necessary information but it is now a year later so I don't know what has become of it or if I can still put my two cents in.

No comments: